Monday, October 8, 2012

First Day of School!

My tall 1ST GRADER!  Wahoo!  He was soooo excited for school, and sooooo excited to eat lunch there!  He was up and dressed at the crack of dawn :)
The bus stop gang:

This year went about like it did last year!  I asked him if I could meet him at school when he got off the bus.  He said, "no, I know where to go."  I said, "well if the other mom's go, can I?"..."I guess..."  Haha!  Ok fine then, because I want to go!  He got off the bus and walked with me for a few feet then he was off and to his class room without giving me a second thought!  So I snapped a picture of him walking away and left, oh well :)  Glad he is happy to go.  I am really excited about his teacher Mrs. Deursch this year.  I really like her and her teaching and discipline style a lot. 
Then silly Miss Brooke.  She was so excited for her first day of preschool that she was up and dressed before I was...and she even picked out her own clothes.  I was impressed :)  She was so excited that all her pictures are of her being silly or back to me or....
Here she is at Miss Stephanie's preschool, just two doors down.  Can I say Heaven?!  She loves it.


Casey is still going to speech once or twice a week.  He is soooo close to not needing it but he likes going so that is good.  Brooke goes to speech as well in Mendon.  It's a stinky drive but Corey and I have fun playing at the park or taking walks while she is there.  Corey is most likely going to be in speech as well.  He is currently being tested but it looks like he will qualify.  A speech therapist would come to our house and work with him.  He talks with his mouth closed.  Crazy huh!  You can hear the syllables and even voice inflection, but it's all with his mouth closed.  He says a handful of words with open mouth like mom, dad, wow, uh oh, huh, and thank you...are the majority of them.  The speech therapist and I agree that a lot of it has to do with his personality.  He doesn't like a lot of attention and shuts down with too much attention.  He talks when he is least inhibited, like playing a game. 

I also attempted to put Casey and Brooke in gymnastics, but after a couple of weeks neither of them wanted to go anymore.  Brooke wanted badly to do dance again, and Casey wanted to do basketball.  So that is what we did :)  Casey doesn't start basketball for a few weeks, but Brooke loves dance, when my pregnant brain can remember to get her there anyway!  ugh!  Anyway, let the fall schedule begin!

No comments: