MY biggest trial, as odd as it sounds, has been my laundry! More exact, me laundry stains! Okay, keep reading, I really am not nuts, even though I have thought that aaaaaalllllll summer. It all started during the summer when there became large gray stains on white t-shirts/garments. I kept explaining it away all summer. My excuses: something got in the laundry like a pen, I wasn't sorting well enough, it was tide with downy, it was tide (I even wrote them a not so nice letter blaming it on the tide), it was the dryer sheets, it was the detergent, it was the liquid detergent, it was the washer (so we got a new washer), it was the dryer (so we got a new dryer), it was the water softener (so we bypassed the water softener), something was in the water tanks (so we drained and refilled the tanks), it was only in warm water when it happened, to maybe my pipes are rusting, to maybe, just maybe, it's the CITY WATER!!!!
The other day my RS president dropped by my house. I told her I had a weird question for her and I asked her if she has had weird stains in her laundry. Afterall I had rulled out ALL the possibilies named above and my clothes were still getting ruined. So if I was going to blame the city water I better start asking if other people were having this problem. And might I add the stains DO NOT come out. So I asked her if she had a problem and her mouth just dropped open and she said, "YES!" Oh my heck, happy day! I'm not crazy! I really can do laundry! So then I went to my next door neighbor...same scenerio! She was stunned and thought she sucked at doing laundry too! All the stains look the same. So mind you I have spent HOURS on the computer researching this before I figured out it was the water. We have spent TONZ of money trying to figure this problem out. And my mom and Stacy are probably tired of hearing about this problem and trying to figure it out for me! After all I can't afford to replace over half of our clothes that we can't wear anymore, so we had to figure it out.
I kept wondering why I am having this problem, why I can't have normal problems like everyone else. I mean really, who complains about their laundry stains? I even noticed a difference in our toilets....they looked like a scratch and win, gray all the way down. It was not a normal dirty toilet. It was weird. The first time I saw it I sat there and scratched my head, like really? how did this happen? After many months I have finally put 2 and 2 together...my toilets were linked to my laundry problem, and guess what...we are drinking that yummy water!
So I am a mom on a mission, a pregnant one too, so watch out! I went to the city twice and complained "nicely". The second time I was heard and they sent me "back." I talked with the city official ready and armed with my arsenal of weapons: Names and numbers of the state drinking water control head honcho (thanks to my dad who works with Logan in close proximity to the water department), Bear River Health Dep. on my side, my "laundry" list of all the things I have tried and I still have the problem, and of course: my laundry. The "man" took me very serious and even asked to keep some clothes, yeah! He said he would contact the state water department the next day. Two days later they came to my house to get two water samples. It's a good thing too, because that was my next step. So now I am just waiting for the results. I'm a little worried they won't find anything, because the problem has lessened and isn't as frequent, but nonetheless still happening. I will pursue this until I get an answer, just call me Erin Brochovich! Haha, ok, don't. And here are some pictures to end with:
| It's not a bird, or a plane, it's a stain! |
On top of that I swear everythings raining down on us. House maintance stuff, lovely pregnancy infection, lovely more pregnancy stuff I'll spare you from, Peter is swamped with work (not necessarily bad, but poor guy is always working somewhere!), my emotions (sorry to those I've just broken out and started crying over, well, nothing), and then Casey...that's a story.
Casey always complains of stomach aches. I always brush it off with drink some water, eat some food, get some sleep, go to the bathroom, etc. Well over the weekend it was particularly bad, bad enough that it finally threw up a red flag for me. One morning he started to cry becasue his stomach hurt so bad that he didn't want to go to school. He loves school and that's when I realized it was something to look into.
I had a feeling it was allergy related. Just from what the pediatrician noticed with his puffy eyes at his checkup, plus I just felt like it was an allergy. So I made him an appointment to get tested that day. I dropped all other appointments and kept him out of school. We got him tested and he is allergic to a number of things. The primary things causing his stomach aches are his allergy to eggs and milk, and his digestive enzymes and his acids were out of balance as well. Bingo! Well the weekend that his stomach had hurt so bad he had had 3 eggs for breakfast on Friday (yes he is a growing boy who I can't fill up), and Saturday we had German Pancakes. He had an overload of eggs in just a couple of days which really triggered it. I guess that's what needed to happen though for me to get with it! So I had him treated for the egg allergy and already his stomach is feeling better. We will continue to go and work through all of his allergies (over 10), but I was so glad to find an answer!
Anyway it's all good and life is just fine, but I think I just got overwhelmed with everything falling apart and not working. Now it's my suburban which accelerates without me, it's possessed! But once again all these things are fixable. I'm thankful for our health, for the gospel, and for our eternal family! I started this post a week or two ago, and now that I'm finishing it I realize that life isn't as dramatic as it felt then. Things ARE working out. I'm not AS emotional. I love my family and am thankful everyday to be a wife and mom. But I guess I just needed to vent! (So sorry for the novel)




1 comment:
You are INCREDIBLE! That's all.
Post a Comment