Me and my Brielle. She is momma's girl through and through! I can't walk from one room to another without her following me, or asking where I'm going, or crying because I'm leaving, or asking if she can come, or asking if I can carry her, or wanting me to sit by her, or playing with my hand. Love her to pieces though and I love the 2 year old stage so much!
Peter was able to get half a day off work and join us for the parade and then he went and cut up watermelon. After spending some time walking around with family and friends he took off back to work and I went up to Jared and Jenn's house for a BBQ. That night I hung out with my family. Fun weekend.
Got our basement put together and a small area for the kids to play on with scrap carpet we had.
Corey dressed up as a pirate (all on his own accord, which is huge for him, or any of my kids for that matter). So then of course Brielle had to dress up too. Two cute pirates!
Sometimes playing dress up, eating a snack and watching a show can just do you in!
Casey's 4th grade class with Mrs. Miller
Casey at the Dinosaur Park in Ogden on a field trip.
Labor Day was the beginning of many crazy filled adventures to come! Leading up to Labor Day I had been having thoughts about the Young women. Every night for 2 weeks I went to bed and I'd lay awake and all I could think about was what the Young Women needed to know, my YW experience, etc. I would then tell myself to knock it off, you are in the nursery, you have nothing to do with YW. Finally it got to the point that I hesitantly admitted to a couple people (family) that I had a suspicion I was going to get called as YW President. 2 weeks after those initial thoughts started, I was called to meet with the bishop. When he asked why I though I was there I said YW. He then called me to be the Young Women President. It was an amazing experience for me that the Holy Ghost had testified this to me before the calling came. I knew that it was from the Lord. That was the Sunday before Labor Day.
Calling my counselors was fairly easy. As I thought of a name I knew that was who was supposed to be there. I had all the people I needed but needed another adviser. Nobody felt right for that calling. Peter and I went to the temple so I could solidify the names I had in mind. While at the temple the thought came to me clear as day that I don't need the other adviser calling. It felt like the answer to my prayers.
Over the course of the next few weeks names were okayed and people were called. I was finally set apart on the last Sunday of September, which happened to be the primary program. I called Brittany Walker as my 1st counselor, Michelle Weeks as my 2nd counselor, Nicole Troumbley as secretary, and Heather Clayton as Beehive adviser. I kept Chalet Schenk as camp director, which she felt was so inspired. I knew without a doubt Michelle Weeks needed to be in Beehives, and that has proved to be sheer inspiration because she had connections with beehives that I wasn't even aware of, even inactives. I am so excited to start this new adventure. The spirit is strong and that has been my biggest eye opener on how much inspiration and revelation I have been in tune too that I didn't know was possible. On our first day in YW the past YW president got up and said she just knew who would be called in the new presidency, she felt it too as a confirmation to her that this was supposed to happen.
Also Peter and I and Justin (yes, it took three of us with our busy schedules) coached Casey's soccer team. It was a lot of fun and a lot of crazy! We had a really good team. Peter and Justin would take turns coaching games depending on who could be there. I did some games and most practices. Couple this with two other kids in soccer, along with helping coach Corey's team. So now we were up to 6 games a week with 3 practices. It was a lot. I loved it for the most part but toward the end I was done. I was done running around and never having time for anything, or leaving one kids game early to hit another game, or shuffling kids with other adults when games were at the same time. All fun but a lot of work! Add a new calling as president and my plate was full. It was a lot to take in. Luckily during all this I got a weekend break to go visit Stacy and her new baby Ayden in Portland, all by myself! More on that later.




No comments:
Post a Comment