Saturday, August 1, 2015

Let June Begin

This summer I took on a few more piano students, as in I went from teaching Allie Latimer and Casey and Brooke, to teaching a total of 11 kids.  I added Rylin Needham, Tyce Walker, Jake Brandt, Ana and Abby Winward, and Mackadi, Brayli, and Kreyton Jenks.  Well it didn't take long for Corey and Brielle to figure out the piano students "pass off songs" and also get a prize box.  So Brielle often asks for a "piano lesson", and Corey often asks for a "pass out song" aka: a song to pass off so he can get a prize box.  Here is Brielle at her piano lesson:
 My Grandma Brackens backyard.  The kids and I helped pull weeds one day for her.  I love her yard and all the overgrowth of plants, the muli height ledges.  I remember as a kid also eating strawberries galore from her strawberry patch.
 I don't know why, or how this happened...but I pushed Casey, my 9 1/2 yr old big boy, in the stroller, and Brielle rode in the basket, happy as a lark.
 Corey and the dude wagon.  I loved this wagon as a kid!
 We met up with Nathan and Paige and Tanner at the Willow Park Zoo one day and took the kids around.  Afterward everyone came to our house for dinner.  Fun times!
 We watched Emmett for a couple weeks this summer and Casey rocked him to sleep for his nap one day.  So cute.
 I started painting the house while Peter was on duty one day.  He didn't know I was doing it but we had talked about paint colors.  After that we opted to tape everything off and rent a sprayer.  We are just about done and I'll post an after picture!
 This little miss was sick.  Both her and Casey came down with hand foot mouth disease.  At first we thought it was strep but it wasn't.  With fevers, sore throats and some throw up we managed for 5 days and they were over it.  Poor kids.  I took advantage of Brielle falling asleep on my lap while sick and did her hair so cute.
 We have swam our little hearts out this summer.  As in A LOT.  I don't have pictures to prove it all but kids took swim lessons and did phenomenal.  They all passed their levels and love swimming.  We also hit the pool countless times this summer.  Evenings were the most fun with a pizza for dinner, dad swimming with us, and no crowd.  We love that we can now get in free to the pool because Peter works at the fire station for Logan.




No comments: