Well we did it! Our first foster children have come and gone! It was a good experience and we would do it all over again. Because of legal reasons I will not post pictures or name names. But we got 2 girls, a 4 year old and a 3 month old. They were both cute girls and my kids loved them. Brooke and the girl loved playing together, even if the other girl was a bit more outgoing than Brooke is used to. All the kids loved feeding the baby bottles, even Corey would ask to feed her and loved it.
Peter and I adjusted accordingly. He picked up more dish duty and I learned to clean the house after kids got in bed. I was on overdrive all the time. It was crazy busy, but fun.
Peter and I both got to meet the babies mom, at different times, which was a touching experience. We also met the 4 yr olds Grandma. The Grandma was so touched to meet us.
We were able to go to a sprinker party, smore campfire, and camping with our new little family. The 4 yr old left after only 3 days but we had the baby almost 2 weeks. We were happy we could be there for them and hope they had a good time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
you are amazing. that's all.
And you did a great job! I admire you all :)
You guys are amazing! Love you tons.
Post a Comment