Sunday, June 3, 2012

Welcome Summer!

Casey and Brooke made a painting table out of scraps of wood to paint rocks on. Complete with logs for chairs. They LOVE painting rocks. Who would of thought? And I love that the mess is outside!
I'm getting you back Lisa...for the AWESome picture you put of me!  Not really, this is the only picture that turned out, and your eyes happened to be closed.  Lisa and I have spent lots of husbandless nights together coralling kids, feeding them pizza, park dates, movie nights, walks around the blocks.  All our kids are the same age which makes it fun!  Thanks :)

Brooke was "stamping" our carpet with this hammer and toy making round marks in it.
Summer wouldn't be complete without the magic carpet rides at Grandmas!  (Stacy, I cropped Conner out so I could put this on facebook without it looking like I had four kids, and I can't get the original picture back!  I'm bummed!)
Every morning I ask Brooke to open the blinds.  Well apparently Corey has watched her do it a lot, because this is exactly how Brooke opens them.  He is now a climber!  He can get up on the barstools, chairs, table, couch, highchair....

Casey and a couple of his friends, all in their Heart-Felt Friends Shirt, a gift from their teacher at school.  They had a little friend in their class named Spencer Felt who had a heart transplant at the beginning of the year and just came back to school for the last month.  They wore these shirts the day he came back to school to show him their support.  Their class has skyped him at the hospital all year and wrote letters and done lots of pictures for this little boy. 

These 3 boys loved to hang out in the top bunk....more on that to come (Casey and Brooke are now downstairs in bunk beds...because the upstairs room is occupied!)

It was killing Brooke not to get up their with the boys.  I made her stay down so the 'boys' could hang out, but she wanted to get in for a picture.
Just a shot of our redneck backyard.  Peter figured out how to make footings to pour cement for an inground trampoline.  It should be ready to go this week!  The whole picture right now is a trailer parked skeewampus behind our house, Peter's truck in a different direction in front of the tramp, an almost finished shed, and another trailer in the back.  But I love it all!  It's progress :)

No comments: