Sunday, November 13, 2011

Halloween

So it was time to carve pumpkins. It was all fun and games until it was time to dig out the guts. The kids did not want to help. Finally I showed Corey a pumpkin and of course he put his hand in. I was trying to convince Casey and Brooke that if Corey can do it they can. So then Brooke dug in and Casey figured if she can he can.


Finished products. We even cleaned some of the seeds and baked them. They weren't too bad and Casey was excited to try them because his kindergarten teacher said they were good. And anything she says he takes to heart!

We got to celebrate lots of times. Brooke was able to dress up for preschool. They had mom's come and do trunk or treats to the cars. She also got to dress up for dance. Then the Saturday before Halloween we had a Halloween party at my parents. My mom put together this cute fishing game for the kids that they loved. Since that time my kids have rigged fishing games all over our house...Corey has to go fishing for toys...

We decorated pumpkin cookies. They kids had fun piling it on. We were stuffed by the end of the night. Cookies, carmel apples and pie...I think I should have put on a orange shirt and I probably could have passed as a pumpkin for Halloween.
We had a little too much fun figuring out dinner. Below is our drink for the night:
Wiches Brew

I had a friend convice me that making carmel and then dipping apples in it and decorated it...was not that hard. So with the help of my sister this is what we came up with. It honestly was tonz of fun. We had recess pieces, white chocolate spikes, oreo, gummy bear, white chocolate pumpkin, my favorite: carmel with white chocolate over it dipped in cinnamon sugar.

They were Snow White's poisonous apples. Speaking of Snow White...I have to say that I love the new show right now...Once upon a time. I find it very intriguing...I don't get addicted to many shows...but I am to that one.

Get a kick out of these worms. Serious. I had to convince myself that they were edible, and I made them. It was raspberry jello colored to earth worm brown and set to cool in straws. It was a whole other experience squishing my worms out of their straws. Stacy helped me and we both about puked and peed our pants from how grose and funny the whole thing was.


Creepy Crawlers

Monster Guts

Brains

Witch fingers. Not the greatest picture but the ends were sliced off and dipped in sauce to appear as a fingernail...the fingers even had creases. It was a fun dinner and a fun night. Thanks mom!

Cinderella, Bumblebee Transformer, and Tiger

We went trick or treating around our block. It was the perfect night for it...not too cold and tonz of people were out and about. Corey sat patiently and watched the kids get candy at each door. At the last door I took him out of his stroller and brought him up to the door to get a candy. He grabbed a dumb dumb sucker and was sooo excited about it! We got home and he sat on the ground and with so much concentration worked on that wrapper until he got it off. Success! He loved his sucker.


PS. I was convinced awhile ago that this is a great way to scrapbook/journal your life. Since I am sooo good at scrapbooking pictures (not) and writing about events (not) and keeping up with it all (not, not)...that I figured I could at least attempt to keep up with blogging. So if you see an abundance of pictures, or an abundance of writing, it is because I will be printing these books as scrapbooks for my kids to look through. So sorry if some of it is boring or too much information, because frankly I'm not doing it for you! Okay that was harsh...I do like to do it for you too...thanks for visiting ;)

2 comments:

Tami said...

I love keeping up. Love the pictures. I will have to send you some from Jumping Jacks. Thanks for taking the time to come down and hang out. It was way fun.

Jules said...

Whew! That's an impressive stash of monster food!

I JUST read your posts about your trip (I know, I'm a blogging slacker). Looks like a ton of fun!!

Fun to see you over Thanksgiving!