Next year I want to take my Grandparents with us!
Sunday, November 3, 2013
Miller Big Band Show
We were invited to go to the Miller Big Band and Dinner Show with Travis and Bree. I had never even heard of it but Travis was surprising Bree with it and invited us to go. It was so good! I dare say we were one of the youngest ones there. It was up at USU. The event was catered. After eating there was a show. It was a production of what it used to be like during WWI. The basis was about a young man in the navy on a ship and he and everyone else on the ship would stop what they were doing when the radio broadcast came on from home. It talked about women going to work, Burma Shave commercials (which my dad remembers and can recite a lot of them), about Baseball, and Big Band. It was a wonderful production. It was neat to feel the unity and pride that they had in America that is not prevalent nowadays. Afterward they sang the anthem of the respective field of duty: Navy, Marine, Soldier, Airforce. Each veteran stood up while their anthem was sang. It was so neat! Then they opened up the floor for big band dancing. All these cute old couples got out there and started dancing! Peter and I are going to take up big band dance...someday :)
Posted by
Amy Nielson
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment