Sunday, November 3, 2013

Adult Halloween Party

Every year we go to a neighborhood Halloween Party.  Every year we are supposed to dress up.  And every year I am scrambling for costumes.  This year wasn't any better.  We have always had the Jar Jar Binks mask since we were first married.  Out of desperation Peter suggested he should wear that and I could be Princess Leia.  So I ran with it.  I thought sure, that dress looks easy!  So I bought a bed sheet, layed on it and had Casey trace my body.  I cut it out with a few extra inches on each side to account for body.  I sewed it.  It looked good.  I went to try it on and it wasn't good.  My wrist couldn't even fit through the arm hole.  It maybe could have fit a 12 year old.  So what was supposed to be simple turned into something extremely frustrating.  Mind you I was doing this the day before the party.  So I ripped apart the seams and pieced more fabric back on.  It was a sight for sure but it all worked out.  Last miute I found some pant fabric to add to my hair for some brown buns and Peter lent me his paint ball gun.  We found an old missionary name tag from the float Casey was on for Founders Day.  Peter changed it to say Elder Binks, and off we went!  Not too bad I guess:

Lisa and Brett

Chalet and Cody

Sarah and Clayton

Dale and Cambria

Steph and Jared

Brown's and Johnson's

Sluder's and Souter's

A disgusting game

find stuff in jello while looking for the prize


Peter holding hands with a guy!  We played a fun troll game but it did require holding hands.  The guys were thrilled ;)
The Gang!

No comments: