Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Happy Halloween!

Halloween Day:  I sent Casey and Brooke off to school all dressed up.  Casey as a ninja and Brooke as a soccer player.  Mind you she could have been a number of princesses or fairies that we have, but she wanted to be a soccer player.  She was so proud of it and hoped that someone else would dress up as a soccer player so she could play soccer with them at recess :)  When Brooke got home I took the kids to the mall with Lisa and her two kids to do some trick or treating.  It was perfect.  Not too crowded yet fun and lots of candy.  We got a good laugh after taking this picture of them below...Brooke's eyes threw us for a loop!  Lucky for me that day Daniel Tiger (a new cartoon show that Corey loves) aired that morning and they were playing dress up.  I saw my opportunity to get Corey into a costume, which he had not yet agreed to wear even after many attempts (and once again we had a lot to choose from).  I grabbed the tiger one and asked him if he wanted to dress up as Daniel Tiger...and it worked!  He loved it.  But don't dare call him Daniel Tiger, because he will correct you and tell you he is Corey!
After the mall I took the kids to see their Great Grandparents Bracken.  Grandma loaded us up with Chili and cookies and candy.  The kids raked a sack full of leaves and then we headed home in time to meet Casey off the bus.  Casey and Peter got home at the same time so we took the opportunity to carve out our pumpkins.
Oh, and Peter took the opportunity to give himself a haircut...and become a soccer player with Brooke:
Stacy and Jeremy came over to go trick or treating with us...which then brought over my parents and Nathan and Paige to watch.  Then Kent flew into Utah and dropped by as well.  So there was a whole gang of us walking around trick or treating.


As you can see Casey changed his costume to be a ref/soccer head.

My little ladybug:

Corey was adamant that we push him in the stroller.  He only got out to run up to the door and then would promptly get back in to be pushed to the next house as he dragged his bucket.

All done and eating candy:
Cute kiddos:
Earlier this month my mom and I drove down with the kids to go visit Stacy and go to Gardener Village which is just down the road from her place.  It was fun to get out and the kids enjoyed seeing all the Halloween decorations and doing the witch scavenger hunt.


And last but not least a bit of reminiscing.  The haunted house I built in school all from paper.  It was pretty intense and actually pretty well built.  My mom kept it all these years and pulled it out to show me before it went in the trash.  I loved this ugly house :)

No comments: