(While driving into Logan, just me, Brooke, and Corey)
Brooke: Mom, are you made of plastic?
Me: No, I'm not made of plastic.
Brooke: Are you made of wood?
Me: No, I'm not made of wood. We are special. Heavenly Father made our bodies.
Brooke: So everybody is specail?
Me: Yes, everybody is special.
Brooke: Did Heavenly Father make cars?
Me: No, people make cars out of metal.
(on the way home...)
Brooke: So how did Jesus make his own body?
Me: (oh crap) Well just like we have a Father in Heaven that makes our bodies, he has a Mom and Dad too that can make his body... (hum, good or not that was the best I had for on the spot).
I love when you can see kids minds thinking. We went to a funeral recently and Brooke was really concerned about the woman that had passed away. Brooke saw her and asked how she died, why her heart wouldn't work. Why we can't see Heaven or go visit. A couple days later she brought it up again and asked about if she can still eat in Heaven. She then said "mom, I don't want you to go to Heaven." Wow, ok. I'll try my best. Yet this whole time I was trying my best to make Heaven sound amazing. But she understood that me going to Heaven meant being seperated from her. It was a very touching converstation.
My Brooke is so so sweet and really so tender-hearted, even though she tries really hard (and does a good job) at being tough and sassy. She is always looking out for others, and is constanly helping me around the house without being asked. She is the first to get up and go get Corey if he is hurt or needs help. She is my little shadow. She would rather help me fix dinner than play outside. I love my Brooke to pieces!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment