So Casey and Kaden worked on their trailer all afternoon one Friday. It still was pretty cold outside but the sun was shining and there wasn't a ton of snow. So they informed me they were going to have a parade. I thought ok, well that is excellent make beleiving. But then I was being looped into making invitations, and being asked for decorations...so I started asking a few more questions. And they really were planning a parade. I couldn't break their little hearts. Afterall all they wanted to do was invite the enitire neighborhood and throw candy and drive Kaden's fourwheeler hooked up to the wagon. How harmless right? So here is their Winter Parade. They went door to door invinting neighbors. They threw candy out and even enlisted Brooke's help. Just take a minute to look at the wagon. On it you will find everything a boy will ever need: snow shovel, hammer, bike pump, wheelbarrow...lucky for us we have awesome neighbors to support these little boys.
Thursday, January 26, 2012
Creativity
A childs mind never stops. They are always thinking, creating, figuring out, exploring this world around them. For a couple days Casey would call dad "hey, can you bring home a drill", "hey, can you bring home 16 screws", "hey, can we work on my trailer when you get home?" So being the awesome dad he is he got home one night around 9 and went to work in the garage with Casey. Casey was SOOO excited. As soon as he heard dad was on his way home he put his shoes on and went into the garage to get the heat started. He wanted to work on his trailer wagon...remember the redneck trailer from the summer? Well aparently the weather here has been too nice because Casey and Kaden's minds have been working up more ideas for their trailer. Dad helped Casey screw the wood pieces together, and then screw it to the wagon.

So Casey and Kaden worked on their trailer all afternoon one Friday. It still was pretty cold outside but the sun was shining and there wasn't a ton of snow. So they informed me they were going to have a parade. I thought ok, well that is excellent make beleiving. But then I was being looped into making invitations, and being asked for decorations...so I started asking a few more questions. And they really were planning a parade. I couldn't break their little hearts. Afterall all they wanted to do was invite the enitire neighborhood and throw candy and drive Kaden's fourwheeler hooked up to the wagon. How harmless right? So here is their Winter Parade. They went door to door invinting neighbors. They threw candy out and even enlisted Brooke's help. Just take a minute to look at the wagon. On it you will find everything a boy will ever need: snow shovel, hammer, bike pump, wheelbarrow...lucky for us we have awesome neighbors to support these little boys.
Brooke in everthing girl...
...and again a few days later. They were brushing teeth before bed. But when she came out she had decked herself out in bows, braclets, and necklaces.
And now to the sneaky one. My little Corey is the cuddle bug. Loves to lay his head on your shoulder, will cry if he thinks your upset, always knows when the dishwasher is being loaded or unloaded, and he is right there to help, and always know when the pantry door is cracked open. He will quitely open it and grab a cereal box, take out the plasitc sack, and dig in until someone stops him.
And at last we have a walker! At 14 months, and lots of practice, he finally has the Confidence to walk. He has been able to walk for a couple months but prefers to crawl. It hasn't been until the last week that he now will choose to walk instead of crawl. Here he is practicing his standing skills in the laundry basket.
So Casey and Kaden worked on their trailer all afternoon one Friday. It still was pretty cold outside but the sun was shining and there wasn't a ton of snow. So they informed me they were going to have a parade. I thought ok, well that is excellent make beleiving. But then I was being looped into making invitations, and being asked for decorations...so I started asking a few more questions. And they really were planning a parade. I couldn't break their little hearts. Afterall all they wanted to do was invite the enitire neighborhood and throw candy and drive Kaden's fourwheeler hooked up to the wagon. How harmless right? So here is their Winter Parade. They went door to door invinting neighbors. They threw candy out and even enlisted Brooke's help. Just take a minute to look at the wagon. On it you will find everything a boy will ever need: snow shovel, hammer, bike pump, wheelbarrow...lucky for us we have awesome neighbors to support these little boys.
Posted by
Amy Nielson
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I can't wait to see him FULL-ON walking next weekend!
And I couldn't help but laugh out loud with your non-chalant observations about Corey and Annabelle at New Year's, especially: "and he would occasionally try to sit on her lap."
AWESOME!
Post a Comment