Little Corey had to undergo bilateral orchiopexy surgery: which is a surgery to move an undescended testicle into the scrotum and permanently fix it there. He had to have both sides done. Originally we thought he would only need one side, but during surgery the doctor came out and recommend we do both sides. 6:30 am on Jan 21st we went up to the hospital. Here the little munchkin is before going into surgery. Poor little guy was being so good and had no idea what was about to happen! Such a tiny little robe...
I was a little worried about this procedure when we were made aware of it at his 1 year appointment. I did a lot of researching, and a lot of insurance calls, and everything worked out well. The more I talked to people about his surgery, the more I started hearing of boys who have had this done. His doctor alone does about 6 per month. So everything seemed to go well and he is on the fast track to recovery. Walking more and more everyday. He has even started getting mad, a new thing for him...(this way anyway) he does this yell and dirty look thing at you when he doesn't get his way. It's kinda funny, but it won't be if it lasts too long! Love you little guy.





1 comment:
I'm so glad it all turned out ok!
Post a Comment