Brooke turned the big 2 on January 25! Wow, this year has flown by, seriously! I can still remember when Casey turned 2, it doesn't seem that long ago. I was really excited to make this birthday cake for her. It was called dirt cake, and I decorated it with flowers, worms, rake and a butterfly :)
The balloons were a big hit


We had family over and celebrated Brooke's birthday along with my sister's birthday whose was on the 28th. It was lots of fun, and we even had 3 pans of cake! Casey was a cute little helper for Brooke and would help her start the wrapping paper and just stand by waiting for her to ask for help.

She got a little car seat for her dolls. Here is Casey showing her how it works. She is really into this seat because of her new cousin who is almost 2 months old. It came with a high chair too and it wasn't long before she was feeding her baby in the kitchen.

We were singing to her and I don't think she knew quite what to do. After we sang she wanted to use the rake to dig right into the cake.

Here she is sporting her new sunglasses and bike. I figured I would get her her own sunglasses. She is always wearing mine or Casey's.

Brooke's latest: So as I put in a later post she was potty trained a couple weeks ago. Well one morning I hear Casey yell down that Brooke had to go potty. So as I was walking upstairs I could hear her lift up the toilet lid. I thought good, she is doing it by herself. Next thing I hear is a scream and as I turn the corner I see she had fallen into the toilet! Bum first with her head, arms and legs sticking straight up! All at the same time I wanted to laugh, grab my camera and yet felt so bad for her! Instead I just pulled her out, soaking wet, she even had a ring across her back from the seat.
We had family over and celebrated Brooke's birthday along with my sister's birthday whose was on the 28th. It was lots of fun, and we even had 3 pans of cake! Casey was a cute little helper for Brooke and would help her start the wrapping paper and just stand by waiting for her to ask for help.
She got a little car seat for her dolls. Here is Casey showing her how it works. She is really into this seat because of her new cousin who is almost 2 months old. It came with a high chair too and it wasn't long before she was feeding her baby in the kitchen.
We were singing to her and I don't think she knew quite what to do. After we sang she wanted to use the rake to dig right into the cake.
Here she is sporting her new sunglasses and bike. I figured I would get her her own sunglasses. She is always wearing mine or Casey's.
Brooke's latest: So as I put in a later post she was potty trained a couple weeks ago. Well one morning I hear Casey yell down that Brooke had to go potty. So as I was walking upstairs I could hear her lift up the toilet lid. I thought good, she is doing it by herself. Next thing I hear is a scream and as I turn the corner I see she had fallen into the toilet! Bum first with her head, arms and legs sticking straight up! All at the same time I wanted to laugh, grab my camera and yet felt so bad for her! Instead I just pulled her out, soaking wet, she even had a ring across her back from the seat.
So one Sunday during the sacrament she was quietly sitting looking through the hymn book. Peter had just finished playing the organ and was still on the stand. Out of nowhere I hear Brooke sing loudly EIEIO! I was instanly embarrased, only to quiet her and look up at almost everyone (including Peter) on the stand chuckling quietly. She insantly stopped after I shushed her, but not 30 seconds later she blurts it out again! Afterwards people from the choir commented on her little outburst. oh great.
We love having her in our little family. She makes us all laugh. She is a little ball of energy. The "terrible two's" are not actually terrible for me. I LOVE this age that she is entering into. I love to see them become independent and learn things. Her favorite phrase is "I get it" or "I do it". She loves her sparkle shoes, the only shoes she will leave on. She was born weighing in at 9 lb 4 oz. However now she is 50% for height and weight. We love her so much! Happy Birthday Brooke!




5 comments:
we love brookie also!!!
so DID you get a pic of her in the toilet. I was laughing as I pictured the scene in my head, but I'm sure it scared her pretty bad. Does she still go to the bathroom by herself?
Happy Birthday Brooke!! I think you and Addy have twinner trikes. Too Cool:)
I cant believe that she is already two!! She is just getting so big and so cute!! Your bathroom story is hilarious - especially as I have had that exact same experience :)!!
Happy birthday Brooke! What a big girl!
And Amy, I'm VERY impressed with the cake!!!!
Post a Comment