Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Fall Fun

I love, love, love the fall time. I love the colors and the smell of candles, the fall decorations and the activites that come with the fall, like watching my brother play football for highschool. But lets not forget it also means the start of school again! Casey started prechool this past month and loves it. I enrolled him at a different preschool than last year, just to add variety and give him different experiences. I love his teacher and she does a lot of fun activites to help them learn. Here is a picture of his first day of preschool.



Also every fall means picture time for us. So here is Casey's fall picture (maybe, if I don't change my mind). I love this picture but we still need to get pictures of Brooke and our family.


I wanted us to go as a family to Hogle Zoo in the "fall" so we wouldn't sweat all day as we looked at the animals. So we went last Saturday and go figure the temperature rose like 10 degrees above what it has been this past week. Luckily it wasn't too hot. So anyway we saw the baby elephant and it was so cute! It would roll in the mud and rub against a ball. It was pretty active while we were there. It was fun to see, the kids loved it.
We saw all the other animals and the kids loved them. Although I have to say the highlight was probably this merry-go-round with all the animals on it. Me and the kids were first in line so Casey got to pick any animal on there and he chose the elephant. I could barely lift him on top of it, it was huge at it's tallest point. Brooke loved her cheetah and cried when I had to take her off. Towards the end when we were ready to leave Casey grabbed the map and made sure we had seen ALL of the animals. We had to make a couple extra stops to get some in that we missed and as we were leaving he pointed out that we hadn't seen the owls. We left without finding the owls and that was his one concern for a couple hours after we left the zoo that he didn't get to see the owls. But they had fun!

And last but not least I love riding our horses in the fall. You can ride in the middle of the day and it's not too hot and the horses love this weather as well. Here is a picture my brother took of us with his phone. He came home and found us out riding horses. Our kids love riding and I don't get many pictures of them riding because my hands are usually full with 2 horses and 2 kids. Casey loves to try and ride by himself. He does pretty good. Sorry my eyes are closed and my horse is pulling a face but it's a picture of the family right?! So whatever...I'm glad my hubby enjoys riding as much as I do :)

4 comments:

Amelia said...

Yay for fall! Love this weather! We just went for a horse ride as well and loved it - so nice!

Jeremy & Stacy said...

Cute blog, I am glad you are riding my horse! Such a cute family! Lets hope the new cousin is cute too!

Tami said...

I love your blog. It is so fun to see what you guys are up too.

Jules said...

What a fun, impromptu picture! I didn't even know horses could pull faces. ;)

It was so fun seeing you guys this weekend and canning a MILLION jars of grape juice! It really was such a fun day and I look forward to the next get together!!!