Thursday, January 22, 2009

Some words to Brighten Your Day

To start off my little big brother just got his mission call last night. He is going to the Louisville, Kentucky Mission, Spanish Speaking. We are so excited for him. I am now more determined to learn Spanish as well so that when Nathan gets back I will be able to understand him and Peter when they talk in Spanish, so that they can't have some secret way of talking when we are all together :) He leaves April 8th. He is so ready to serve a mission and almost every Sunday we are quizzed on some facts that he has recently discovered as he studies the scriptures. The kids will miss him tonz as he has grown even closer to him these last few months when he babysat them while I worked. But we couldn't be more excited for him and his decision to serve the Lord.
On a funnier note...I was recently called to be the Young Women's Basketball Coach. Keep laughing, I know, I laughed too. For anyone who knows me I am in no way into sports with hardly a competitive bone in me. However I will still play sports and have fun. So I accepted the calling with the comfort of knowing that my husband can teach me all that I need to know, and he has. It has been a blast so far and I have enjoyed getting a workout!

Another funny: Today at breakfast I told Casey that the weatherman said it is supposed to snow today, so when you get out of preschool it might be snowing and we can go play in it! He said "mom call the man back". I said "what man"? He said, "the whetherman. Call him and tell him I don't want snow, it's melting and I want it to go away so I can go boating. Tell him I want to go boating". I was quietly laughing while he spoke so seriously. I just said "ok".

One more: Then later I was doing his hair for preschool. I had just fininshed with it and he got the comb and said "I want to comb it too". I said "no I just did it". He said "I'm going to go pout".

I love having a 3 year old :) Have a good day!

2 comments:

Loveless Family said...

Oh my gosh!! That is sooooo cute! I laughed hearing your little stories. Casey is so funny!! They are so fun huh! They make life interesting!
Womens basketball coach!! That would be the ideal calling! I would love it! Good luck!

The Strawn Family said...

Kids say the funniest things! We really need to let the boys play, I will try and call you next week - sorry I am such a slacker!