Saturday, August 31, 2019

August: Bracken Estate Sale, First Day of School, Last day of summer kayaking, Casey turns 14, Camping at Willard


Brielle is terrified of pulling her teeth out...so as a result we see a lot of this!

We had an estate sale with Grandma and Grandpa Bracken's belongings. It went really well. The kids also sold donuts and lemonade as well and had fun doing that.

First Day of School! It was my first day of school at Mountain Crest as well (technically I started back August 1st). So Peter sent all the kids off to school. I am officially back to MC as a school counselor because Jenny isn't coming back. It feels exactly right and I am beyond thrilled to be there. I love what I do! I love going to work and I love that I am home before my kids get home from school. I also love that starting next year I will always have a kid in the high school with me for the next 12 years!! Crazy! This year Casey is in 8th grade..last year in middle school. Brooke is in 6th grade, last year in elementary! Corey is in 3rd grade...even though in his picture he thinks he is back in second grade...Brielle is full time in kindergarten. No more kids home! We have officially entered a new phase of life. It is crazy and exciting and I love this stage of life so much! I loved them as little humans too and this stage is just as fun in a completely different way. Peter is also in school, Paramedic School! So when we say morning prayers we pray we can all have a good day at school, because in one way or another that is where we are all headed come 7:30 am!

Our last day of summer we spent at Wellsville Dam with the kayaks and Chet. It brought a whole new level of fun having Chet out in the water with them tipping over the kayaks. I love where we live..it is so beautiful.





Our dear neighbor across the street Patsy Stewart moved. She brought us over this gift basket as a thank you. We sure love that lady and her sweet family!

We celebrated Casey turning 14 years old! Holy smokes that is crazy to me. We love him so much. He is a tall blonde handsome young man. He is currently reading The Work and the Glory and cruising through it. He read the book of Mormon at the end of the school year as a challenge he started with him and his friends. He loves working! He loves being outside. He hates that I signed him up for piano lessons. But he is good at the piano too! He hates peaches and having nothing to do. He loves movie nights and has to have everything just perfect...lights, treats, blankets. As part of his bday the Larsen's brought their outdoor projector. It was a fun night! Earlier that day Brielle and I dropped off Peter, Casey, Brooke, and Corey at Blacksmith Fork river to float it. But to kick off the day they went and helped our neighbors move out. It was a fun day celebrating Casey.





After kayaing we chilled here and had snacks...and even sang to Casey.


Logan Rodeo



Call Camping trip to Willard Bay was a success. We tented it...with no cover for our tent so lucky for us it didn't rain. We had a beautiful view of the night sky. The next day we went boating with the Larsens boat and played in the sand and kayaked.

















(supposed to be holding up 3 fingers ;)




This is what can happen if you are the priesthood at a young womens activity


No comments: