March: Amy's 35th Birthday, Basketball, Peter 2nd counselor in Bishopric, Amy YW Pres Released, Stacy and Jeremy move to Logan
![]() |
| Family Monopoly is always fun! |
Peter spoiled me on my birthday and took me clothes shopping. Then when I got home they made me a candy bar poster that so was cute! They then sent me on a scavenger hunt and it ended up back to this picture of Christ that Peter had hung on the wall while I was scavengering. It is my most favorite picture of Christ. I had mentioned to Peter a long time ago that I loved that picture. I had met the artist and kept thinking wow, how close he must be to Christ to portray such a stunning picture of Christ. This was before it became popular on the Come Follow Me Program. I love this picture so much and I love thinking about the Second Coming every time I see it.
Just looking at this picture brings me to tears! It says so much in one picture that words can't describe. Peter was called as 2nd counselor in the bishopric. My best friend Brittany Walker and her husband who was the bishop moved. When I found out the week she was moving I burst into tears, because that was the same week that my sister was moving here. The Lord is merciful and very kind. With her moving that meant a new bishopric. It never crossed my mind Peter would be put in but I did have the thought that Peter would work good with our new bishop. Even though I technically didn't 'know' who the next bishop would be, I 'knew'. To our surprise he was called into the stake office that week. We both about died after that phone call knowing what was probably in store. And we both couldn't shake the 2nd counselor feeling. Our feelings proved right and he was called as 2nd counselor with Quinn Vellinga as 1st counselor and Derrik Tollefson as bishop. I held it together until Bro. Brown said to me you know that means you'll have to be released. I lost it. It wasn't a couple short weeks after Peter was put in that I was released. I was so happy for Peter. So happy for him to feel the spirit in those meeting that I was used to going to. So happy for him to have so many opportunities to serve and get to know people. To feel the spirit in so many different ways. And all at the same time my hear ached that I was saying goodbye to these girls in my life. The Young Women and the leaders that I served with. These are those girls. Minus Brittany who was my 1st counselor until her husband became Bishop. That is when Lars was released and Nicki became my 1st counselor. Michelle was 2nd, and Heather was Beehive adviser, with Stefanie Burns as secretary. My meeting with these girls were my favorite. I LOVED my calling. These girls made it easy, They made it fun, and they made it spiritual. And we are all best friends because of it. Those 3 1/2 years hold a very special place in my heart. And now I couldn't be more happy for Peter to start his adventure in the bishopric. I am so excited to watch him in this calling. I'm exited to support him and send him off. I'm excited to be home more with my kids. I love life.
![]() |
| Our last 'meeting' right before we were released |
It just so happened that my birthday landed on the same night as young womens. It was the first activity with the new presidency and they invited the old presidency for one last hurrah. It was so fun and so weird to be there under a different role. They all sang happy birthday to me and gave us all a gift with notes from the YW. Love them all! What a neat birthday present that was :)
Celebrating St. Patricks Day in true Grandma Bracken birthday style at the now Stacy and Jeremy residence (Grandma and Grandpa Bracken's house).
It is so fun having them close again!
Brielle and her good friend Lessi dressed up matching for Dr. Seuss day. Lessi's cute mom bought them matching shirts. The girls sure loved that!
| I totally painted that! |















No comments:
Post a Comment