Sunday, September 30, 2018

September: Grandma Bracken's funeral, Labor Day

Amy's Old dance costume that Brielle can fit into
My dear sweet Grandma Bracken passed away. We knew it was going to happen soon and so a couple days before while she was still coherent our little family went and said our goodbye's to her. It was so hard yet I was so happy I could go and bring my family. She talked with us and even made a joke about how she wished she could get up and make us some cookies. We talked with her for a bit and all gave her hugs. It was a sweet time that I won't forget. She was the kindest lady. She made the best cinamon rolls. So on the day of her viewing Peter made her cinnamon rolls. Let's just say no one can made them like Grandma. They turned out good but she had them down to a science. She was always welcoming to everyone and loved people visiting her. She would always make sure to call our names in for our birthdays and make Peter a pumpkin pie for his birthday. I have so many good memories of my grandma. Towards the end of her life she would always say, "I want to kick the bucket, but I can't find the bucket." and "oh I am so blessed, we have such a good family and I have such good kids and grandkids, and we are so blessed." I love that lade and we were so blessed for her! I was so happy she could be reunited with Grandpa.






















Brooke got the Jackpot on our Girls night out!




Firehouse Phazooies for the win!

Brooke had been begging for a couple years to try out for a competitive soccer team. I finally decided to let her and she made it her first try! We were all stoked, but especially Brooke. She has grown leaps and bounds in soccer and did so well!








I started working full time and my dear friend Brittany knew just what I needed. I came home during my first full day to a crockpot full of dinner and a note. She gets me!

Corey at flag football:



I colored my hair dark again...it was a little grey I thought so I ended up getting the grey out...I'm already going grey...I don't want more put in!

Brooke made it into Character Council which is student leadership in the elementary. This is them teaching the school a song.




Love this pic of these two reading together:

Love this pic of the 3 boys working together
I loved this description Brittany came up with. Sometimes it is when things don't go our way that we get closer to God's will, and that is when we experience Joy and Gratitude.



Brooke and  Corey participated in the float for the Labor Day Parade.


The kids' make shift seat for shucking corn:

During part of the viewing Peter and Paige took the kids to the park to burn off energy and took some fun pics:














The bazillion cinnamon rolls which weren't without mistakes along the way!

Me in the parade with the other counselors for the homecoming parade:
ARF training, (I think):

















Brooke surprised the kids outside by squirting them with silly string:



No comments: