Sunday, October 19, 2014

Parade of homes

I love spur of the moment, and so does Peter.  I think we both thrive off of it and live our lives like it.  We do better that way.  When we plan things they seem to fall through or get bumped and it makes me grumpy, so spur of the moment it is!  This was one of those times.  Peter had seen on Facebook that Amy Wengert was in a play at Sky View for the Wizard of Oz.  He thought it would be fun to go support her and see the play. We also wanted to go to the Parade of Homes, so we thought we would do both that night and call it a date.  So I called a babysitter and made plans.  I ran into a predicament on how to get Brooke to soccer so I called Stephanie to see if she could help me out.  Our conversation quickly turned around and I invited them to come with us on our date instead!  Well long story short Jared had to do concrete that he wasn't planning on so Stephanie came with us to look at the Parade of Homes and then Jared would catch up.  Well we finished looking at the homes and even grabbed Subway and ate in the car.  Still no Jared.  So we went to the play.  Still no Jared.  Intermission comes and Stephanie leaves to go meet him.  He made it for the last hour of our date night.  But we had some good laughs about it.  It's not just anyone that you can take on a date as a third wheel ;)  Oh...and Stephanie gave us a good laugh when she tried to read the word SERGEANT and sounded it out wrong and asked if that was his name...no Steph that says Sergeant and it's on the cop car...but thanks for a good laugh!
The Play was really good but it lasted quite awhile.  We didn't get home until 11 and our babysitter was fast asleep on the couch...and it was a little hard waking her up...poor girl!

This was the parade of home winner and our most favorite color scheme on the outside.  We are basing our house that we are currently building off of these colors.

No comments: