This past week I had to opportunity to go to Brooke's school assembly so she could be recognized. She received the citizenship award for Responsibility. She was soo excited for this and has been counting down the days until this assembly. They are nominated in their class for this award. This award fits Brooke perfectly, especially this month! She is super responsible and tries really hard to be perfect. It has filtered into some OCD tenancies that we are working through, which she has taken responsibility to fix. She has done so well! She is a really good student! I went to her SEP's. The first thing the teacher said was Brooke scored the highest on her DIBELS test in her class...and not by just a little, but by over 100 points! The teacher was blown away and wanted to get Brooke reading some harder books right away. Brooke was more than excited to be sent home some reading for all learner books which she loves and can't wait to get more on Monday. She too is doing well in school. She has beautiful handwriting! I am very impressed. But what Brooke needs to work on: raising her hand and participating more (hum, I remember that same critique when I was in elementary). We are proud of our Brookie!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment