So about 10:30 we finally were on the road to AZ, parents in tow. They came with us in the suburban which ended up being so nice. We took turns driving/taking care of kids. The kids were troopers and I couldn't have asked for a smoother drive there or back! We were blessed! We stopped half way in Las Vegas and swam out in the cold and then chowed down on some massive pizza in the hotel. Then the next day we finished our drive. We made it to AZ around 3. It just so happened that my Grandma Call and Aunt Lorna live in a retirement/vacation/mobile home court for 55+ just 10 minutes away from the temple and where Paige grew up. I soooo wish I would have snapped a picture of the place. It would make you smile:) Mobile homes packed neat in a row with all the cute lawn ornaments outside each one :) My Grandma stayed with my Aunt so that my family could stay in her mobile home. Then my Grandma has a boyfriend who was out of town visiting family so my parents and sisters family stayed there. It all worked out really nice and was fun have everyone and everything so close in proximity.
We only had about an hour to unload and settle before we started getting ready to go to the temple. We got there in time so that we could go with Paige to take out her endowments. We dropped off the kids at her aunts house. Poor Corey, left with strangers in a strange house, and Casey wasn't feeling well. But they managed fine and the girls were really cute with the kids. One of them sang Corey to sleep and Casey had fun just being couched out on their bean bag. Another little girl Brooke's age was there and I think Brooke was having the time of her life, especially after being cooped up in a car for 12 hours.
After following GPS to the temple, and being dragged through construction, we made it to the session as they were walking up from the waiting room. Way to time it just perfect (you could say).
The next day we woke up in wedding mode. It was all sorts of excitement as we picked up Brooke's cute little dress to wear and got all dolled up. We made it to the temple in PLENTY of time this time for the ceremony. Rigby's (neighbors growing up) flew in for the wedding. Their daughter Alison watched the kids for us while we went into the ceremony. It was beautiful 65 degree weather outside so it worked out nice for her to watch them outside.
The ceremony was so neat to watch. I still have a hard time believing that he's old enough, or mature enough to be married. But we love Paige and are sooo excited to have her in our family! Now enjoy Part 1 of pictures:
| I can't help but smile every time I look at this cute picture! |
| My brother wanted us to jump in the air and do baby bumps, but this was as good as it got! |




2 comments:
Thanks for posting pictures of my baby brother's wedding! They look so happy and I'm so happy for them!! Just wish I could have been there!!
Wow, you are so caught up! I love all the posts and am jealous that you are all caught up.
Post a Comment