Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Christmas Eve

We had a blast on Christmas Eve!  I was a little worried about it because Peter had to work at the Hyrum Fire station from 12-10 pm.  I was bummed of course but figured I could make the best of it, and was thankful he could be home for Christmas.  Well that morning it had snowed a lot so we took advantage of it!

Brooke made a snow angel:
Peter rolled a huge bottom for a snowman:
Corey made sure the driveway was clean:
Brooke decided to roll her own balls to make a snowman, and she rolled some big snowballs!
Casey rolled a huge middle section for the snowman:
Corey started eating the snowman...
Here is the finished product.  Peter carved a face and spray painted it for depth, and stuck a straw in its mouth for hot chocolate (no it's not smoking)...
That afternoon the snow picked up quite a bit.  It was pretty heavy but wasn't going to stop us from our fun plans.  I packed up the kids after nap and we headed to Hyrum firestation complete with gingerbread house making goodies.  We spent the next couple of hours hanging out with dad building and eating gingerbread houses.




Afterwards we went to Grandma and Grandpa Calls house and had dinner with Stacy and Jeremy and Conner, Justin and Nathan (Paige was in AZ getting ready for the wedding), GG Bracken, and Kent.  My kids are spoiled and people give them their phones to play games on:


After dinner and reading the Christmas story I loaded up the kids and we headed back to the Fire Station to bring daddy some dinner and so Brooke could show him her stickers:
We got home that night and set out Hot Chocolate and Turtles (because Santa sometimes gets sick of cookies).  Casey and Brooke made a fun bed in the spare bedroom upstairs so that they wouldn't have to sneak past what Santa brought if they got up in the middle of the night downstairs.  It was lots of fun getting ready for bed and tracking Santa all evening long.  They were super concerned about hurrying to bed and falling asleep because Santa was getting closer and they didn't want to miss him.  So fun!  I love the Christmas Spirit.  Sweet Dreams!

No comments: