Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Journey

Pray because everything depends on the Lord, then get up and work, as everything depends on YOU! (*Peter's parents wrote that in a letter home from their mission)

Find Joy in the Journey. I truely make a conscious decision to find Joy in the journey. But some journeys (aka trials) I don't think you find Joy in, rather in the end, you gain from it. It's not a journey you want to re-live, but are thankful for what you've learned. I stopped long ago saying that "when this happens, or when we get that, or..." because really I do find Joy in the Journey; and just because you get somewhere, or aquire something, doesn't change things. You can be happy now. I used to love Christmas Day and look forward to it more than anything else. Now, I still do, but now I love the Journey to Christmas more than the day. The holiday spirit of Christ, of love, of giving, of family. All part of the Journey.

I am writing this more for myself than anything. To remind myself and my kids when they read this, that life is not always easy, but always worth it.

Right now in life I feel like I'm climbing that dang mountain to get to the top to rest, and those stinkin' rocks keep slippin' out from under my feet. I don't know they are coming and they catch me off guard. And I don't know how to change my pace to fix my problems.

So now I kneel down and pray...because everthing depends on the Lord. Then I get up...because everything depends on ME.

4 comments:

The McBride Bunch said...

THANK YOU! I absolutely LOVE this post. Very much needed right now for me too! THANK YOU for your friendship and example! Hang in there. You are doing awesome!

The Strawn Family said...

well said! Thanks for being awesome. Seems the rocks are slipping all over. GOOD LUCK!!

Jeremy & Stacy said...

Love it! So true, and so much needed to hear that!

Emily said...

You are so inspirational! Thanks for the words of encouragement. Can't wait to see you guys this Saturday!