Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Fair

Although it was "Fair time", Corey was convinced it was "Fear time." Every time a pig oinked he cried! Wait for it...



...okay now. Poor kid... so sad, but so cute!

I decided to JUST DO IT. I signed up for the open horse show. I truely did enjoy it. Although I made a big mistake in front of the judge, I'm glad I did it (not the mistake, but the show!) and I intend to do it again next year!
I got Peppy when he was 3 years old and I was...about 10 years old. We have grown old together. I still remember the night my parents called me and told me they had bought me a black horse! We have gone through a lot together. I taught him to neck reign, he taught be how to ride a buckin' bronc. (He has attitude.) We love to barrel race and pole bend, but one of our most favorite events was jumping. You wouldn't know it because of how short and squaty he is, but we both loved it. He threw me off once when he zigged and I zagged while trying to stop running after barell racing. I still blame my messed up shoulder on that. So many memories! Thank you mom for hauling us all over and putting up with all of it! I know my horse inside and out and it feels like home every time I get on him. He is so good to let my kids ride him. Casey is getting a little too comfortable riding him, and thinks he can do anything!


1 comment:

The Strawn Family said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all of the pictures! Hope you have a blast at Disneyland- wish we were on that plane with you :) We won't know what to do with ourselves while you are gone.

By the way the muddy buddys are LONG gone and were absolutely delicious and they did indeed bring many smiles to our faces :).