Wednesday, June 22, 2011

From Soccer to T-Ball

Casey LOVED soccer. I LOVED watching it, and cheering! A few games into the season Casey had a break away. This happened to be one of the few games Peter could watch 15 min. of before going to class. Casey was headed down the field, clearly ahead of everyone and he knew he was going to make a goal. But he kept looking over at Peter and I to make sure we were watching it, and he was just grinning...we kept telling him to run and go make a goal...and he did! We were so excited for him, I didn't know watching your own kid could be so fun. After that goal he gained the confidence and I think he felt how to make a goal, and almost every game after that he scored at least 1 goal.


Now t-ball...he likes but not loves. T-ball here is played a little different. Every kid gets to bat, there are no outs (even though you try and get them out, they get to stay on the base), and you only get to run one base at a time. That and there is like 12-14 kids on his team. So in the outfield it really depends on where your at if you get all the action or none. So to him it can be a little boring because he says you just sit and no one wins...there is some truth to that.
He is number 5, same number as in soccer, he picked it.



No comments: