Left to right: me, Peter, Jared, Megan, Dan, Julie, Scott (and kiddos). This is at Peter's parents place. We went out in their hay field which had pretty tall grass. There were a few barrels and farm equipment out their to hide behind, plus you could crouch in the grass to hide. .

Well the first time I went out it was just me and my sister-in-law Marcy who had never played either (Marcy and I are in the picture below). We went with her husband and Peter's brother Spencer who are seasoned paintballers. I don't know who's idea it was but it was us two girls against those two boys. We got pellted. The first time I got hit it hurt so bad and I was so scared to get hit again that I was rolling on the ground laughing my guts out. Marcy wasn't sure if I was laughing or crying, but she wasn't about to come find out because we were hiding for our lives! Well one thing the boys failed to mention was once you get hit raise your gun and say your out. Well Marcy and I didn't know that so we were getting hit sooooo much while barely firing a shot. So the next time we went out was a little better to say the least.
The First Time...that Brooke rode her bike without training wheels!
About a month ago I adjusted Brookes training wheels so that she would have to balance or ride crooked. She rides her bike so much that I figured she would catch on pretty quick, and she did. I asked her if she wanted to take her training wheels off like Casey's bike and she did! It has now been a couple weeks and she can do everthing now from starting on her own, to stopping, to turning circles. Each step took a day to learn but now she has it down. This is her first bike ride around the block with her dad and brother:
The First Time...that Casey pulled the bike trailer.
This was one of those mom experiences where your son comes into the house, "MOM! You gotta come see this!" It was one of those things were they are so excited that it makes you a little nervous what's going on. So I go out and Brooke is sitting in the bike trailer and Casey says mom watch. So he proceeds to pull Brooke down the sidewalk, turn a circle in the neighbors driveway, and come back. I was glad I didn't witness it the first time because after looking at how he jimmy rigged it to his bike I'm glad everyone was still safe. I told him that was cool and nice job, but to not do that again!
The First Time...that Brooke fell asleep with her hat on. What an Angel (when she's sleeping).
The First Time...that I decorated cupcakes! (this cute anyway)
As part of a Relief Society night a girl in my neighborhood taught us how to decorate cupcakes. It was a lot of fun and they turned out really cute! I learned a lot of good techniques. Below there is a flower, hippo, duck, popcorn, rose, and apple.
The First Time...that I ever held a snake!
I was attempting to put it around my neck. At the time I felt like it was a lot more "on" me that it looks in this picture. Snakes are soooooo grose!
The First Time....Brooke touched a snake.
The First Time...that I let these two kiddos sleep downstairs.
They wanted to sleep downstairs on the air mattress. I thought sure, why not. I actually thought they would probably get scared and chicken out. No, they didn't. In fact they loved it so much that they wanted to do it again the next night.
The First Time...that our toilet flodded!
I don't have a picture but here is the story. The spring that holds the toilet paper roll was sitting on the counter next to the toilet. Casey had just finished using the toilet and he flushed it...and the same instant Brooke knocked the spring thing into the spiraling toilet water...and it actually flushed!!! Casey came and told us the whole story, a little worried I think that he was going to get into huge trouble when he was finished. He didn't obviously because it was an accident. Well we went out of town and when we got back started using the toilet again. Casey comes running in, "the toilet is flooding!" Peter goes in and there is water EVERYWHERE! I started throwing towel after towel after towel into the bathroom. It was not your normal overflow. It was gushing. You could here it draining into the vent which was on the other side of the wall. Peter had to shut off the water but it was insane! The next day we had to go digging for a spring in the toilet. Always a first for everything...
I would love to hear your firsts...good or bad!




2 comments:
Cute post idea! Love all of them.
looks like a fun time!
Post a Comment