Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Just Try IT!!!

Okay, I have a lot of posts to catch up on but this is some random stuff that I wanted to post now, because, well, I felt like it! So here is goes, don't think I'm too crazy k!!!

Just try it:










Sick of going to the doctor for ear aches, or tired of waiting them out??? I sure was! So here is the simple EFFECTIVE answer: Get good old lemon juice concentrate from your fridge or some freshly squezzed drops from a lemon. Lay the child on their side, drop 2-3 drops of lemon juice in there ear. Let it sit for a minute, then sit them up and let it drain out. And wala! The reasoning: the bacteria in your ear has a basic ph balance. The lemon juice has an acidic ph balance. When the lemon juice comes in contact with the bacteria, the bacteria can no longer live. It releases the pressure in the ear and drains. Now, I am no doctor and I found this out online and tried it on Brooke, so don't hold me to anything, but I swear by it. My kids get horrible ear infections. Brooke won't even stop crying with medicine in her. So this particular time I thought, what the heck, I'm just going to try it. So I didn't give her any medicine, and did the lemon juice. She slept through the night and didn't have a single problem after that! AMAZING...if anything else I'm telling you to just try it! (have I said that enough yet???)


Just try it:









Okay, this next one is mostly for those who love smores. I LOVE them. So here it is. Buy the small vanilla wafers and either a hershey's bar or kisses. Get two vanilla wafers and stick some chocolate in the middle and eat! I love it. I didn't do this on purpose but one day I was eating a hershey's bar (all my dark secrets are coming out) and feeding my kids vanilla wafers. I happened to eat them both at the same time and loved it. So, just try it, let me know what you think, I may just be the only one!



Just try it:


Okay, so I am known for failing at bread, seriously, it's bad. But lately I've been able to redeam myself and this is one of the recipes. It is good for you, uses your wheat and is easy to make. If I can make it, you can, and that is no joke.


Light Whole Wheat Bread

5 1/2 c. hot water

2/3 c. honey

2/3 c. oil

2 T. salt

2 c. white flour

3 T. yeast

9-12 c. whole wheat flour (I usually use all 12)


Mix hot water, honey, oil and salt in mixer. Add white flour and yeast. Then add whole wheat flour. Knead 2-3 minutes. Form into loaves. Place into 5 loaf pans. Bake at 325 for 25 minutes. (It usually take me from start to finish, rising included, an hour and a half) This bread smells amazing even while it raises and then cooks. It tastes amazing. A MUST try it. Even my kids and husband love it. Casey prefers it over eating white bread, and even over eating dinner (I had to put my foot down on that one)
Just try it:
This is nothing new but it is good for the soul (and the stomach I guess...maybe). A bowl of your favorite cereal right before bed!!!
Okay, let me know what you try, what you like, what you don't like, if it worked, if it didn't, and if I now have you addicted to something!

5 comments:

Jeremy & Stacy said...

Cute post!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the fun ideas! Hope you are enjoying your new home!!

Amelia said...

Amy...thank you for your domesticness - your giving me hope! ha ha! I think I will try that bread recipe....I think the last time I made bread was in our cooking class in high school....ha ha good times...good times :)

Jules said...

Ok, I tried the lemon juice thing....and I think it worked.

I THINK Halle had an ear infection earlier this week. She was pulling at her ears and was grumpy. Hard to know though because they don't have ear infections very often...if ever. But I figured with Olivia's double infections from the cold, Halle might have it too.

On Wed night I put drops in each ear, then on thursday morning and night I did the same thing. She wasn't happy with me, but she's not pulling on her ears anymore and when Wes was in for his well child checkup I had the doctor check Halle and her ears are fine.

LOL. So it worked?

Thanks for the tip!!!! Talk to you soon!

Annette said...

Fun postings Amy! Im going to try them all! Congrats on the news as well! =)