Monday, July 13, 2009

4th of July

I love the 4th of July. Mainly because there is a lot of time spent with family just hanging out and I love our tradition of making muddy buddies :) We enjoyed watching the fireworks, for those of us who stayed awake anyway! Here is a picture of us at the fireworks (us girls don't look alike or anything). You can see Peter asleep below my chair, and my sister's husband was alseep below her chair. They had a hard day boating ;)






Here is our boating excursion. Casey had fun getting out on the knee board with Peter out there. We just slowly dragged him along.




Brooke on the other hand didn't care too much for the knee board. She preferred just sitting on the edge of the boat kicking her feet in the water. That's fine with me!





This past weekend Casey had the chance to hang out with some cousins. It wasn't planned but they were all wearing the same colors. Him and his cousin Caleb (middle) are only a few months apart and both have blonde hair. They looked so much alike!
Ok. I know all of you with girls are used to this, but I had to post this picture of Brooke's hair. I'm loving having a girl that I can do girly things with. Poor Casey put up with some silly hair do's when he was her age because he had (and still does have) curly hair and it was so cute!


My mom took some pictures of home sweet home to send to my brother on his mission and I thought I'd post them. I LOVE where we live. It is so beautiful with mountains and fields and the canal. You can see my parents home on the far right and I guess our temporary home :)
You can ride your bike in the middle of the road, ride horses on the road and along the canal (pictured on the left), four-wheel with your kids and walk sheep down a road in your wagon (yes I've done that) and nobody even looks twice, well maybe at the sheep but...



My dad was watching a neighbors dog for the week and my kids loved it. Well, lets just say Brooke loved it and mutilated it, but it took Casey awhile to warm up to it. He is not too fond of dogs, in fact, they terrify him.






























Here is Casey on his first day of swimming lessons. He did great. On the right he's the one with goggles over his mouth, go figure :)










And last but not least......................we sold our house to be! So this is our lot pictured below that we were building our next house on. We poured the foundation Friday and by Saturday night we sold it to another couple who wanted it. Fun Fun!
So ya...Have a good week!

5 comments:

Jeremy & Stacy said...

I love the picture of Brooke holding the dog. IT is way cute!

Michelle said...

Brooke is getting so big!! It's fun to see pics - yes we miss you Cachevallians.

Emilee said...

amy, your kids are adorable! i wish we were neighbors, but you move too much for that to ever happen again! ;)
love the hair! i feel the same way about doing it. and where isyour new house going to be??

Amelia said...

I love all your pics - especially the ones of the mountains - it seriously made me homesick!! Glad to hear you closed on your house! So where you planning to build now? Miss you!

Castillon04 said...

Looks like you guys have been having a fun summer (minus the pnemonia incident). But I think you guys like to move about as much as we do. We just moved to Iowa for my husband to go to chiropractic school, it was our 8th move since we've been married! So Peter started his own business...good for him!!! Hope everything goes well with your new home and business and everything else! Casey is getting so big and I can't believe Brooke is so old already, I swear you just got pregnant :)