It was April Fools Day, Easter Sunday, and General Conference all on the same day as well as Peter was on duty. I had made jello the night before and put straws in it to look like lemonade at lunch the next day. All the kids fell for it and started to try and drink and nothing came out bc it was jello. I was dying laughing. We went to the firestation and dad had hidden a bunch of easter eggs around the station for the kids to find. General Conference was amazing and especially exciting where it was President Nelson's first conference as prophet. He announced that the High Priests will now combine with the Elders and be known all together as the Elders. They also got away with visitng teaching and home teaching and now there is a new higher way of living that law and they are refering to it as ministering. It feels so right. All this news and it being general conference creates an excitement in me for the work to move forward and to spread the gospel. It lights the fire in me to do more and be more and be better!
We took the kids to Hill Air Force Base. They had a good time seeing all the planes. We had lunch at subway and it was a bit chilly so Corey gave Brielle his coat. The next day I took the three little kids to dinosaur park while Casey stayed back with Peter and worked on the spec home. Casey wanted to stay and work with dad. The other kids and I had a great time at dinosaur park.
Corey and Brielle flying kites
Brielle dressed up for preschool for the letter day.
Fast forward a month (I am writing this in September and it all started in April, so that's why you get the entire story in a lump sum). I received an email stating that I didn't have enough experience to qualify me for an interview. I was not surprised that they would say that, because that made perfect sense. I had been a stay at home mom for the last 10 years. I don't have experience! But I knew I was supposed to apply for it, the spirit was so strong. So that was where I was stumped. So I figured that for whatever reason I was supposed to apply for that job. I knew it. I didn't know why but I didn't regret it. I told myself that come fall I was going to do things to get more experience and renew my licence that had expired.
Fast forward to August I get a phone call from my mom who is the administrative secretary at Mt. Crest High School. She says that a counselor there is taking 1 year off and wondered if I would be interested in working there for a year. I thought yes! It would give me the experience I lacked, and renew my license. I got a phone call for an interview less than a week after that. I went in for the interview on a Wednesday, and on Thursday I was offered the job, and I started Friday. I about died. What just happened? I went from being a stay at home mom for 10 years to a full time high school counselor!? Wow, thank you Lord! It was all divinely coordinated in the small details by the Lord. Come to find out the counselor that was leaving, was Jenny Speth, the same counselor who was my reference on the elementary application. When she realized she needed to leave for a year she asked HR what to do and they said they didn't want to open up the position but to look at the list of people who applied for the elementary position and choose off that. She saw my name and said I want her! Not to mention my mom and the principal who played a major role. My mom had been talking to the principal Teri about me. So when Teri knew one of her counselors were leaving I came mind from her conversations with my mom. Wow. All I knew was this was all completely out of my hands and in the Lords. I love love this job. Although mornings are tricky with kids and Brielle is only in half day kindergarten I know without a shadow of a doubt that I am right where I am supposed to be.
Casey goes to the temple with youth every other week at 5 am. Wow, what an example!
As we left the prophets office I asked Bro. Staheli, how did you become the prophets personal secretary? He said it all started years ago when they were raising their family and lived on the East Coast. He had the impression to buy a 25 cent book and learn short hand. His wife kind of laughed like, why? But ok. So on his own time he learned short hand because of an impression he had. Later his brother in law called him from Utah and said there was an opening at the church offices for a secretary but the only caveat was they needed to know shorthand. He said, "I just happen to know short hand." Ha! Wow, the Lord is in the details of our lives! He got the job and has since been the personal secretary to 2 apostles and now 2 prophets. He was President Hinkley's secretary, then when President Monson became prophet he didn't want a personal secretary which is when Elder Staheli then served as mission president in France. When he returned he became Elder Nelson's secretary and a short time later when President Monson passed away he naturally become the prophets secretary again. He testified and said, "I know these men as well as any man can know another man. And I am here to tell you they are better than you think they are." What a testimony to me that this church is true, that if we listen to the spirit, he will direct us in the small details of our lives, which then turn into great things. It is by small and simple things that great things are brought to pass. Do the small and simple things and listen to that small and simple spirit. I testify that to be true in my life and I see it in the lives of others.
Celebrated Grandma's 58th Birthday! Isn't she pretty!
We checked out a wicked cool park on our way home from Hill Air Force Base. The kids loved it.
If you look closely you can see tire marks back and forth back and forth. It took awhile but I was proud of myself for backing the camp trailer back through the gates!

































































No comments:
Post a Comment