Wednesday, February 28, 2018

February: Stacy and Amy Ski Trip, New Beginnings, Valentines Day, Science Fair

For Christmas Jeremy and Peter gave Stacy and I a girls/ski trip for a few days.  She flew in and we started off the right way, shopping and eating lunch.  We enjoyed that afternoon and evening shopping with Mom and Elysa and then getting dinner.  It was a fun day spent as just us girls! Then they went home and Stacy and I stayed at the Hyatt at Farmington station. The next day we went all day skiing at Snowbasin. That was so cool! What a beautiful place and a full tiring day of skiing! I went in my first powder snow...even though just for a second, ate lunch on top of a mountain in a lodge (what dreams are made of), skied scary stuff that Stacy made me do, rode gondolas.  So cool! The next day we rounded it out with more shopping and a movie.  It was so fun to do what i wanted when I wanted, and not have any real responsibilities. Peter was so awesome to take care of the kids.  He did a really great job running them everywhere and doing Brielle's hair so well!

Peter at home with the kids: (my ski trip pic's later on in the post)



































Valentines Day Shenanigans. We had a great evening spent as a family playing games and enjoyed our traditional Creamy Chicken Italiano Dinner and Jello.



































Brooke worked really hard on her Water Poster and came in the top three our of her grade!




One day we were taking Casey to BB practice and Brielle didn't realize she was still wearing her kitty ears.  We played racquetball while Casey had practice.



Our little Kitty just decorating the house:


We had New Beginnings at the church and it turned out so well! One of my laurels was in charge of the decorations and a miamaid in charge of refreshments. The evening was very spiritual and so fun. The theme was "This is Me". We talked about how you create your own story, and if you don't like who are are, then change! Follow the Saviors examples and slowly you will become the person you want to be. I had a really cool experience preparing the talk for that evening. I couldn't find the paper that I usually refer to with all my gold nuggets to say. So instead I knelt down and said a prayer and then this entire story unfolded in my head. It was an analogy that I gave to the girls about flipping through a book with stories and no names. What story would they read and know it was their story about their lives? I related it to the gospel and how we write our own stories. It turned out well.

Afterward there were a lot of refreshements left over so people loaded up plate fulls to go home. Naturally I dumped mine all over the church floor before I could even leave.  So after cleaning it up they loaded me up with some more.  Then on my drive home...naturally I dumped them again, all over my car floor.  I couldn't help but laugh at that point and realize those treats were not meant to be eaten! Of course I had to document it and send it to my presidency so we could all get a good laugh!





I took the kids to the church for a family history evening. The little ones played on the computer while Casey and I learned all we could and busted out some indexing! Okay fine, you caught me, Casey did the indexing, I spent the entire time trying to get on the website...

Brielle loves to make gifts for people to give them. Sometimes it is paper creations, other times it is her toys. She puts them in gift bags and makes you sit at the fireplace and open them. This was one of those times.

Casey made this cool mask in school:


Our Girls/Ski Trip:
Check out the luxury loungers we got to sit in to watch The Greatest Showman!

Crepes? Yes please



Powder!






Lunch at the top of a mountain





Overlooking Ogden Valley. The views were amazing!
























Valentines Day: Casey's last year having a Valentines box...sniff sniff. After using the same football box for 3 years and updating the Patriots logos on it every year he threw it away that night...The end to an era for him. Brooke made a cute owl, Corey a monster, and Brielle decorated a sack. Fun times.




Brielle's heart shaped hair.

YM/YW bowling night


Old Purple Church where Peter and I met!

Casey and I took a day and went skiing up at the Beav.  It was the perfect weather and we had a good time together.  And yes, he is a faster skiier than his mom...

Brooke had worked hard on her magnetic science fair project. It came time for the science fair and I was dealthy ill. As in I don't EVER remember being that sick. I am pretty sure I had food poisoning. I couldn't even get out of bed. Walking to the kitchen might as well have been a marathon I had to run. I slept all day long and the only time I got up was to use the toilet for every function it was meant for. I had a fever and just couldn't do anything for myself. Peter spent the morning/early afternoon with me taking care of me and then he had to leave later that afternoon for class.  My mom brought me dinner and then took all the kids to the science fair for me. I felt so bad for missing it.  Good thing for a kind mom! She did so well at the fair and had a great time.  I woke up the next morning with barely any sign of being sick. Crazy!









We went to Bryan's for the superbowl this year. We had to bring these sugar cookie bars with our team on it, Bryans favorite (wink wink). It was a fun evening spent at his home. At the end of the night Bryan gave Peter a signed Dallas Cowboy's helmet. So cool! It made Peter's night.



Brooke at Addy's birthday party:


Brielle did so great at her preschool field trip ice skating activity.




No comments: