Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Young Women's / Sunday pictures / Testimony stories

Some of our miamaids and Laurels at a "P" Party for personal progress.  Anything that started with p...polk a dots, pumpkins, pancakes, pop, pretzels...Brittany won...that little cheater ;)


Our woodpecker friend:
The beginning of Casey's science project...more to come later.






I want to write down some of the times in my life when I have felt the spirit strongly and bear testimony of this gospel.  I may have mentioned these before but now they are all in one place.

One of the times was a relief society activity that I was in charge of.  We were doing emergency food kits.  Me and another sister had carefully planned out every item to go into every kit and counted and bought, and counted again.  Somehow along the assembly line an item was misplaced or miscounted or we had miscounted.  Anyway we were able to figure it out but it worked out so perfectly...and it wasn't supposed to that I knew without a doubt in my mind that the Lord's hand was involved.  I remember praying that night that I would plan whatever activity the Lord wanted me to plan if I could always see his hand so clearly in the work.

Another time was when we were getting ready to sell our last house and I didn't want to.  I had the distinct impression while driving home that said, "it is Okay to sell."  I thought ok then, I trust you Lord.  I got home and found out that we had an offer on our house, and they later bought it.

Another time I was standing in the kitchen getting read to open the fridge when a voice came to me clear as day that said, "something is about to happen with your family, but it will make your family stronger and bring you closer together."  Shortly after we did encounter a trial, and what got me through the trial was that thought from the Holy Ghost.  And yes, our family grew stronger.

One day I was having a particularly hard time.  Young Women's was going ok but there were some things bothering me, and we had just found out that Peter needed back surgery.  I was driving home having a little pity party and fighting back tears.  I thought to myself, nobody else knows I'm having a hard day, know one will just show up at my house because they felt impressed I needed someone.  No one will show up with a loaf of bread like the conference story said when they felt inpsired to make bread.  Well not a few short hours later someone who has Never been to my home, came and knocked on my door and said, "so your having a hard day?" I thought...how does she know?  She said "I felt impressed to go see Amy right Now so I hurried as fast as I could."  I couldn't believe it.  She was my earthy angel and I knew right away the Lord had answered my selfish thought to let me know he heard, and he cared.

A couple days later I had another selfish thought...that if Peter had back surgery, it sure would be nice if Jared Strawn shoveled our driveway again with his 4-wheeler, which he hadn't done since we moved streets.  It snowed the next day and he showed up to do our driveway..I hadn't said a word...but the Lord must've.  I thought to myself...I need to stop being so selfish because the Lord is listening and I'm not sounding very kind...

And last when I was being called as Young Women President and a couple weeks before the calling was extended I couldn't stop thinking about the young women.  I was in nursery and couldn't figure out why I couldn't stop thinking about the YW.  I finally came to the conclusions that the Lord was calling me into YW, and he was preparing me. I knew my calling before the bishop extended it, and that built my faith and testimony.


1 comment:

Jeremy & Stacy said...

Wow, amazing stories and so neat to record them!