We had a fun Valentines Day with lots of love! The kids all went to school or speech and got lots of valentines and did valentine activities. That night Peter made Zupa Toscana Olive Garden soup, I made breaksticks, heart jello, and heart chocolate covered strawberries. We ate an awesome dinner. Before dinner Grandma and Grandpa Call dropped by some valentines for the kids which they loved. After our amazing dinner was over we played some fun and silly minute to win it games! Stacking hearts, blowing cupids arrows (straws and Q-tips), standing up candy corns, etc. It was a fun evening spent with our family. The next day we had plans to go to a valentine party at Grandma and Grandpa Nielsons, but alas, Brooke came up in the middle of the night saying she had thrown up everywhere. We stayed home which we were all bummed about but it was a good thing we did. Poor Brooke was super sick with the flu. Corey had the flu 4 days earlier but only threw up once. It only lasted a day, and lucky for us that was all it lasted for Brooke. 3 days later I got it, then 6 days later Peter got it. Casey and Brielle were the ones that lucked out!
The day Corey was sick with the flu but I didn't know it yet: All he ate all morning was a bite of eggs and fun dip (ya I know, I'm an awesome mom, fun dip before lunch). Well I was fortunate enough to catch all the green fun dip in my hands when it came back up later that afternoon.
It's hard being sick. Typical guy, falling asleep with the remote. I enjoyed lots of cuddles with this cute guy while he was sick. Poor little dude.







No comments:
Post a Comment