So I was supposed to go in Wed. night around 5 pm to be induced. However long story short, they kept putting us off because they were so busy with women in labor. They eventually called us around midnight to go up to the hospital to be induced. We didn't want to wait until the next day to go because it was our doctors day off, and he didn't want us waiting until Friday...because lets face it, I needed to get this baby here! So I was induced a week early (technically six days by 3 hours...).
When I got up to the hospital I was already at a 4+. They started me immediately on petocin and broke my water. I went into fast and hard labor. Never been in so much pain in my life!!! Within five minutes I was asking for an epidural...it couldn't come fast enough. They started me around 12:30 am. About five minutes before I gave birth I finally felt a sense of peace and comfort come over me, like I could finally do this. What a relief! The doctor came in and stood by Peter who was all gowned up to deliver our new baby. It was such a neat experience from there on out. The doctor would tell Peter "feel this...look at this...see how he's turned because of this...there is no cord around his neck if you feel here..." It was neat because I felt more involved just by listening. Instead of just hearing push, breathe...I got to hear what was going on.
He came out a healthy 9 lb 9 oz baby. I expected nothing less than 9 lb! We spent the next few hours bonding with the baby. Around 8 am my mom brought the kids up to see their new brother. They had a sleep over at Grandma's and were so excited to wake up to come see the baby.
First Family Photo
This is Brooke helping feed Corey a bottle. We had to supplement him with a bottle until my milk came in because he was such a big baby that his blood sugar level kept dropping. It's very common in big babies. There was no learning curve with this little guy...he caught right on to the bottle. When it comes to eating this guy is a champ all around.
Proud big brother
These three little ones were all due on November 10th. Corey was born a week early and the Twins were born a month early. When Corey was born he weighed as much and the twins combined weight at a month old! We thought it would be fun to get them all together to mark this occasion.




7 comments:
YEAH!!!! We love him too. He already looks older. He is so cute you guys! Hope to see him soon, in person. And you guys too. Love ya.
We are so excited for you and your family. Wish we were there to see him. Hopefully we will make it our for Christmas. How are you feeling?
Very cute! Wow, he's a big'un! Good for you! We'll talk to you soon....CONGRATS again!
He is so cute!! I cant wait to see him in a couple weeks! And its true he is a big boy! Cant believe how big he is already! And Casey and Brooke are so cute with him! Congrats!! Love ya!!
He is absolutely adorable, I just want to kiss his little cheeks. I bet that was so neat to have Peter deliver him, I must admit I am a little jealous. Maybe I should send Jared to be an EMT ;).
Amy your baby is darling! Im happy all went well. What a blessing to have three healthy darling kids! Your blog is always fun to read..I get a kick out of your sense of humor! I hope to see your little newbie soon! Cute name too by the way!
Congratulations! He is adorable! And so are Casey and Brooke! I seriously want to come visit you guys some day!
Post a Comment